Windows 11 Professional
Make sure you are ready for the latest and greatest operating system from Microsoft!
These are the basic requirements for installing Windows 11 on a PC. If your device does not meet these requirements, you may not be able to install Windows 11 on your device and should consider purchasing a new PC. If you are unsure if your PC meets these requirements, you can check with your PC original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or, if your device is already running Windows 10, use the PC Health Check app to check compatibility (to download).
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or SoC (System on a Chip).
|RAM:||4 gigabyte (GB)|
|Storage space:||64 GB or more
Note: See "More information about storage to keep Windows 11 up to date" below for more details.
|System Firmware:||UEFI, Secure Boot capable|
|TPM:||Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0|
|Graphics card:||Compatible with DirectX 12 or higher with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Display:||High resolution display (720p) with a diagonal of more than 9″, 8 bits per color channel.|
|Internet connection and Microsoft accounts:||Windows 11 Home Edition requires an Internet connection and a Microsoft account to complete device setup the first time you use it.
Switching a device from Windows 11 Home in S mode also requires an Internet connection.
All Windows 11 editions require Internet access to perform updates and to download and use some features. A Microsoft account is required for some features.
Over time, there may be additional requirements for updates as well as requirements to enable certain features within the operating system.
Some features in Windows 11 have increased requirements beyond those listed in the minimum requirements section above. Below are some additional details about the requirements for key features:
- 5G support requires a 5G-capable modem.
- Auto HDR requires an HDR monitor.
- BitLocker to Go requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows Pro and higher editions).
- Client Hyper-V requires a processor with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) capabilities (available in Windows Pro and higher editions).
- Cortana requires a microphone and speaker and is currently available on Windows 11 for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the UK and the US.
- DirectStorage requires an NVMe SSD for storing and running games that use the "Standard NVM Express Controller" driver and a DirectX12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate is available with supported games and graphics chips.
- Presence requires a sensor that can detect the human's distance from the device or intent to interact with the device.
- Intelligent video conferencing requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio output).
- Multiple Voice Assistant (MVA) requires a microphone and a speaker.
- Snap three-column layouts require a screen with a width of 1920 effective pixels or more.
- Mute/unmute from taskbar requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio out). The app must be compatible with the function to unmute globally.
- Spatial Sound requires supporting hardware and software.
- Teams requires video camera, microphone and speakers (audio output).
- Touch requires a screen or monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication requires the use of PIN, biometrics (fingerprint reader or illuminated infrared camera), or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Voice Typing requires a PC with a microphone.
- Wake on Voice requires a modern standby power model and microphone.
- Wi-Fi 6E requires new WLAN IHV hardware and drivers, and a Wi-Fi 6E-enabled AP/router.
- Windows Hello requires a camera configured for near-infrared (IR) or a fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a PIN or a portable Microsoft-compatible security key.
- Windows Projection requires a display adapter that supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Xbox (App) requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions. See Xbox Live Countries and Regions for the most up-to-date availability information. Some features in the Xbox app require an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Learn more about the Pass.
There are no reviews yet.